Hi everybody! Friendly logistics staff here for another important Logistics Policy Announcement.
Today we want make a series of posts clear up the process of getting and managing "stuff" in play and making sure you "have" it in case Plot or a marshal asks. In-play item logistics is one of the most important parts of the game - these rules will help make sure your character has all the things you think he/she should have, and that you know when you can use those things and how to keep track of them.
And by "clear up" I mean "confuse everyone" because this is a lot of info to absorb...just let it sink in for a while and use this as a reference for questions.
Really short version (see below for details):
- All items with in-play value, or anything you intend to RP with as if your character "has" it, need a tag or card. There are lots of things these might be. See below posts.
- Any item with magical properties (Items, Creatures, etc.), and some with upkeep requirements, expire yearly unless otherwise altered formally or specifically stated on its reference card. Expired items or items whose upkeep are not paid lose their properties. Pay attention to your expiration dates.
- If anything in play changes with a tagged item, turn in updated cards with your check-out envelope
- If you lose a tagged item in play, turn in the existing cards to Plot
- If you get a new tagged item, turn in appropriate cards with your check-out envelope