Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nancy Allen  (Read 462 times)

Jeremiah

• Been around awhile
Nancy Allen
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »
Friends and family, as many of you know several years ago, my mother battled stage 1 breast cancer. She endured terrible chemo and radiation treatments that left her miserable and constantly sick. But she made it through and has since enjoyed many years of being cancer free with the knowledge that one day it may return. Well that day has come. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that she has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma. This is a cancer that attacks the marrow within the bones and currently, there is no cure. Her doctor has found lesions on the base of her skull and her neurologist also believes it may be in her spine. We have known since just before Christmas and she is now comfortable releasing the information. She has made it clear that she does not intend to seek treatment and will let the disease run its course. This is her decision and I ask that everyone respect it just as I must. She does not wish to have a biopsy performed because she does not want a timeline. At this time, we are unsure of the severity of her condition and do not have a “timeline” so-to-speak. The disease process can take a few years, or just a few months. However, we are remaining positive. Nancy does not want people to treat her any different and I quote “I want people to be their normal, human selves around me” (well as normal as we can be anyways.) She will need help, now more than ever, in the tavern, with setup, and clean up. Again, I must stress that this is her choice and we must respect it.

If you have any question feel free to ask me and I will answer if I am able.
friend: "he's a  firefighter... nuff said." XD
"what do i see?" *dodge* "you thought you saw (insert monster description here)"